Excellent Module - Can We Add to Your Source Code

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hello,

Thank you for this great module and thanks for upgrading it to support 1.4.  I have also found it is useful to have your module as a widget.  This seems to have caused no issue with the module and I am wondering if you would consider adding it into your source code for others:

public int UpdateFrom1() {
    ContentDefinitionManager.AlterTypeDefinition("Mailchimp Subscribe Widget", cfg => cfg
        .WithPart("CommonPart")
        .WithPart("MailChimpFormPart")
        .WithPart("WidgetPart")
        .WithSetting("Stereotype", "Widget")
    );
    return 2;
}

It would be nice to have a narrower view so it fit into a sidebar better but that is a side note, I am doing that now with a shape override.  Thanks for your consideration.

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for the code. I'd wanted to make a widget version, but I was pretty sure it would break something. So it's really good to have someone else test it and know that it's fine.

I've added your code to the latest dev version of the module.

I want to improve the way the edit screen works when working with a widget. It shouldn't kick you back to the wdget screen before you've filled in all the mailing list details. Once I've got that sorted it'll be part of version 1.2.

Cheers!

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Can some walk us through on how to use this as a widget? As opposed to a page?

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Figured it out

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Glad you figured it out.

I've not had time to try, but I've not found a nice way to have a two page setup screen for a widget. Using the above code makes the module a bit confusing to setup as a widget.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Do you have an easy way to style this?
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM
You should be able to add your own CSS styles to your theme or if you need to you should be able to override Parts.MailChimpForm.cshtml in your theme.
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Hi, i try to play with Orchard for the first time and
if i use the compiled version i have no problem to download , install and configure it.
But if i try to use it with source code i have some problem.
I download and add to the solution ( orchard ) the last mailchimp csproj , source compile fine
and application start, i go to module --> features and i find MailChimp , i enable it and then ?
With the compiled vesion appears the APIKey label, the Mailchimp Subscribe Page...
with this version i cannot see any kind of configuration.

Did you know the way to resolve this ?

thank you